The Kodjin FHIR server unlocks FHIR potential for any healthcare players by delivering the opportunity not just to store and validate their data but also to save time, cut costs, and reduce future risks associated with standards changing and introducing new market requirements.
CRUD REST API
100% specification coverage
- read (GET by id)
- vread (versioned GET)
- Update: both regular and conditional update
- Delete: support of both support and hard delete (including history) to meet GDPR/HIPAA requirements
- $validate (Operation to validate the resource without saving)
- FHIR subscriptions with usage of event-streaming queue engine (on top of Kafka)
- Patient $everything
- Full support of profile extensions
- _include, _revinclude
- compartment search
Support for all defined standard FHIR search parameters
- Declarative search framework and support for custom search parameters by adding SPs to the custom extensions.
- Support of cursor and two types of offset paginations
- UCUM is a code system intended to include all units of measure contemporarily used in international science, engineering, and business. It provides a clear means of communication between different systems. UCUM works with metric as well as empirical units such as feet and inches.
- Asynchronous Transaction
- Synchronous Transaction
- Asynchronous Batch
- Synchronous Batch
Versioning of the resources
Creation and management of multiple product releases, all of which have the same general function but are improved, upgraded, or customized
Dynamic profiling with advanced validation
- Structure: Check that all the content in the resource follows the structure from the target profile and nothing extra is present.
- Cardinality: Check that the cardinality of all properties follows the profile (min. & max.).
- Binding: Check that codes provided in the code/Coding/Codeable Concept types exist in the bound terminology.
- FHIRPath: Check that all FHIRPath constraints in the profile aren’t restricted. The FHIRPath spec is extended with custom callbacks. (Full support for FHIRPath in validations)
- Slicing: Check that the restrictions on the list of elements follow the profile.
SNOMED CT / LOINC support
- Bulk Export: To speed up processing, we do not go through the entire database; we already have denormalized records.
- Bulk Import: for importing a lot of data
The client can subscribe to any resource change and receive notifications.
Composition $document: Create documents that meet the needs of a business and help fulfill business requirements.
Security & Access Control
Pluggable security module supporting OAuth 2.0, OpenID
Any tool can be easily connected to ensure the control function.
Ory Hydra and Keycloak are supported out of the box.
SMART on FHIR
Support of SMART on FHIR: standalone app launch and backend services
Setup and Infrastructure
A single software instance can serve multiple, distinct user groups.
Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach: managing and provisioning infrastructure through code instead of through manual processes
- Databases: MongoDB, ClickHouse.
- Administrative tools: GitHub, GitLab
- CI/CD: Kubernetes
- Automated deployment to AWS, GCP, Azure, and on-premises
- Advanced monitoring with Prometheus, Kibana, and Grafana
FHIR server validations with dynamic profiles
Check that all the content in the resource follows the structure from the target profile and nothing extra is present.
Check that the cardinality of all properties follows the profile (min. & max.).
Check that codes provided in the code/Coding/Codeable Concept types exist in the bound terminology.
Check that all FHIRPath constraints in the profile aren't restricted. The FHIRPath spec is extended with custom callbacks.
Check that the restrictions on the list of elements follow the profile.
Kodjin FHIR Server allows saving money
No need to use expensive additional services
100% open-source modern stack
Highly productive system
fewer resources are needed for trouble-free running thanks to the Rust language
No need to hire a lot of expensive specialists
the low-code platform can be supported with 1 system analyst
No vendor lock-in
easy data migration from our server